The Education Opportunity Center (EOC) is a partnership between Bates Technical College and the MDC. The mission of the EOC is to assist participants in their pursuit of post-secondary education. This mission is carried out by providing free educational and career advising to each individual. EOC’s focus is to assist individuals with reaching their educational goals through:
- One-on-one support
- Connections to educational resources and,
- Navigating the college enrollment process
Workshops and Events:
The EOC offers workshops to help with employment readiness and financial literacy. To see the EOC’s current workshop schedule, see the Upcoming Events section of the MDC-EOC webpage.
EOC Advisors assist with:
- Identifying a career path
- Creating educational goals
- Applying to a college or career of best fit and,
- Applying for financial aid in order to pay for college as well as,
- Assisting students with grant over-payment and student loan default.
Our target demographics are low income and first generation college students. If students meet income standards, we can pay for college assessment test and college admission fee.
Please complete the form to request services. Our goal is to respond within 24 hours.
For more information about the EOC program, please contact
Phone : (253)318-4945
Email : Sbriggs@mdc-hope.org