Celebrate Your Success.
Please allow 2-3 weeks to process GradImages photography. You can go to GradImages to access your photos when they are ready.
What: Commencement Ceremony 2024
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: Tacoma Dome/Exhibition Hall | 272 E D St, Tacoma WA 98421
𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬:👜 | Bags may only be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC, sized 12″x6″x12″ or smaller; Small clutch purses are okay if sized 4.5 “x6.5” or smaller; One-gallon plastic storage bags are okay.🔐 | @binboxlockers are available for rent outside the venue for $10-$15 (card only, no cash) – download the app beforehand.🚗 | Arrive early! Allowing ample time for parking, security screening, and entry, so you don’t miss a moment of this special occasion.
For more information, please visit the Tacoma Dome webpage.
Livestream the Commencement Ceremony
The college’s Broadcasting and Video Production program will live stream the event on the college’s YouTube channel. Please invite your friends and family who cannot attend in person to attend online.
How do I participate?
- Graduates must arrive at the Tacoma Dome, by 5:30 p.m. on TBD
- Parking (general and disabled) is $15 in the Dome parking lots.
- No balloons inside the Dome, please. American Sign Language interpreters will interpret during the ceremony. If you or your family member has a disability and needs accommodation, please contact Disability Support Services at 253.680.7012, no later than [Date to come].
- Tickets are not required for guests, and there is no limit to how many guests you invite.
Your name will appear in the program if you apply to participate before TBD
Order your cap, gown and tassel
ONLINE ORDERING ENDS TBD
- Order your cap, gown and tassel online before TBD
- Go to Jostens and click on “ShopYourSchool”. Enter “Bates Technical College”.
- Click on the picture of the cap and gowns, and click the “Student” option in the popup box, and you will be taken to the order page.
- To check out, review the height/weight details and submit via the “Continue as Guest” option. You will receive a confirmation after your order is placed. Please keep this on hand in case there is an issue.
- All students receive a navy blue gown and a navy blue cap.
- All students will receive a navy blue and gold tassel with a ’24’ year date.
- Students will need to select their height and enter their weight to ensure they receive the right size gown. Please ensure these details are accurate before placing your order on the ‘checkout’ page.
- If you choose to order personalized graduation cards, they will ship separately.
Customer Service: 1-800-854-7464, M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Central Time. Expedited orders are not guaranteed and will include $20 express fee.
Know before you go.
Please attend the commencement rehearsal:
Where: Downtown Campus Auditorium
You do not need to wear your cap and gown to rehearsal.
How to apply for your credential, degree, certificate, or diploma
Students must complete a Credential Application to apply for their actual degrees and certificates and send their completed forms to Registration@BatesTech.edu. Students must complete a Diploma Application to apply for their high school diploma. Diploma Applications are available from your High School Advisor. Degrees and certificates are not distributed at commencement. All credentials are received through regular mail.
For more information, please contact the Registration Office, Downtown Campus, Room M210, 253.680.7046.
Questions? We’re here to help.
Contact Sharon Netter, faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us!
- Twitter: @BatesTechnical
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BatesTechnicalCollege
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/batestechnical
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/BatesTechnicalColl