Questions? We’re here to help.
Sharon Netter, faculty
firstname.lastname@example.org (email is best, as we are working remotely.)
Congratulations to the Class of 2021!
Date: Monday, June 7, 2021
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: South Campus | 2201 S 78th Street, Tacoma
How do I participate?
Registration to appear in the video portion of the commencement and the electronic program is now closed. Graduates have until June 3 to fill out the registration form below to participate in the drive through portion of the commencement.
Please check this page periodically, as updates will be posted when they become firm.
Cap and gown information
The deadline for ordering caps and gowns (April 29, 2021) has passed.
April 29, 2021: Last day to order your cap and gown.
May 7, 2021: Last day to apply to participate and have your name appear in the virtual/hybrid ceremony.
May 25, 2021: Last day to apply to participate and have your name appear in the commencement program PDF.
What will the Hybrid Commencement look like?
On June 7, you’ll be able to watch a pre-recorded ceremony with the speakers below. Participating graduates will receive an evite with a link to watch the video after May 7.
- Welcome, Vice President of Student Services and Emcee Steve Ashpole
- Pledge of Allegiance, ASG Vice President Breanna Rohde
- Faculty Speaker, Biomedical Equipment Service Technician program instructor Art Cutting
- Student Speaker, Software Development and High School graduate Joshua Morvant
- Commencement Speaker, U.S. Representative Derek Kilmer
- Presentation of Awards, graduate slideshow
- Certification of Graduates, Vice President of Instruction Valerie Martinez
- Presentation of Graduates, Board of Trustees Chair Heather Moss
Drive Through Celebration:
On June 7, participating graduates will arrive at South Campus by 5:45 p.m., to stage and prepare for the procession to start at 6 p.m. All registered graduated will receive details on the procession with a map after May 7.
- Students will have the opportunity to stop for photos at the end of the procession.
- Caps and gowns are not required to attend the drive-through procession.
- Watch the video below to see an example of the drive through event!
GradImages on hand for photos
During the drive through event, you’ll have an opportunity to take photos with professional photography service GradImages. Please register for this service here: www.gradimages.com/registration.
Commemorate your time at Bates!
Did you know you can purchase an engraved brick to commemorate your time at Bates or pay tribute to a faculty member? You can even choose the campus where you want your engraved brick to be placed!
Student brick template:
Your name (16 characters including spaces)
Your program (16 characters including spaces)
If you have questions contact LeAnn Dreier at email@example.com or call 253.680.7160.
How to apply for your credential, degree, certificate, or diploma
Students must complete a Credential Application to apply for their actual degrees and certificates and send their completed forms to Registration@BatesTech.edu. Student must complete a Diploma Application to apply for their high school diploma. Diploma Applications are available from your High School Advisor. Degrees and certificates are not distributed at commencement. All credentials are received through regular mail.
For more information, please contact the Registration Office, Downtown Campus, Room M210, 253.680.7046.
Official hashtag for Commencement
Use the official hashtags to connect with other families, alumni and students during the Commencement Ceremony. So, what’s a hashtag? A hashtag is a basic phrase you can use on social media to link your update with others on the same topic. Talk about your experience at Bates, the speakers, and the joy and excitement of seeing your friend or family member graduate from Bates Technical College!
Connect with us!
- Twitter: @BatesTechnical
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BatesTechnicalCollege
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/batestechnical
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/BatesTechnicalColl