Questions? We’re here to help.
Sharon Netter, faculty
firstname.lastname@example.org (email is best, as we are working remotely.)
Congratulations to the Class of 2020!
Your hard work, dedication, and commitment has paid off. We are proud of your efforts to earn your degree, certificate or diploma despite the challenges and disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic. While we will not be able to celebrate in our traditional, in-person ceremony at the Tacoma Dome, we have created a way for us to celebrate virtually. We encourage you to participate!
We will honor you as individuals and you’ll be part of a special experience online. We are focused on celebration, the sense of occasion, being with friends and recognizing your unique place in history. The Class of 2020 will be forever immortalized.
Our wish is to create a memorable, uplifting moment for you.
All graduation candidates are required to apply to participate in the ceremony. Class of 2020 graduates are welcome to participate in our 2021 in-person celebration.
Date: Friday, June 12
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: Virtual, live streamed to YouTube and on our website
Apply to “walk”
If you are eligible for graduation, please follow the steps below to ensure your participation in this year’s commencement ceremony.*
- Complete a Virtual Commencement Registration Form (Applications were due Friday, May 15)
- Purchase your cap and gown (optional).
- Celebrate your success!
Registration for graduates to appear in the virtual commencement is now closed. Graduates have until June 5, 2020 to use the Virtual Commencement Registration Form to sign up to have their name written in the commencement program pdf.
*Class of 2020 graduates are welcome to participate in our 2021 in-person celebration, if they wish.
Order your cap, gown, and tassel
Cap, gowns and tassels are optional.
Order your cap, gown, and tassel if you want to wear it in your photo or video clip for $34.50, plus tax. Extra and souvenir tassels are $4.50, plus tax. (Prices subject to change.)
Go to collegegrad.herffjones.com to order cap and gown by May 23, 2020!
Our gown color is royal blue, though the photo on the website may show a different color.
If you already ordered your cap and gown, you should receive an email from Herff-Jones indicating that you need to reorder your cap and gown, and use your home address for delivery. All students can use collegegrad.herffjones.com to place their order. There is no charge for shipping it to your home. Your items will arrive within 28 days from the date of order.
How will you be recognized? It’s all about you!
- Personal invite: You’ll be invited to create a custom slide and record a personal video message for all to see. We’ll even put you in a virtual cap and gown! Just scan the Snapcode we provide and send in your invitation.
- Virtual ceremony on Friday, June 12: We’ll take your custom slide and video message and put you in the graduation procession with your fellow classmates. On the big day you’ll see speeches and then the procession. Invite your friends and family to join!
- Special gift: We’ll take your custom slide and video message and incorporate it into a StageClip. This is a 60 second video clip which celebrates your achievement. Share it proudly with friends and family!
Want to learn more? Visit StageClip.
How to apply for your credential, degree, certificate, or diploma
Students must complete a Credential Application to apply for their actual degrees and certificates and send their completed forms to Registration@BatesTech.edu. Student must complete a Diploma Application to apply for their high school diploma. Diploma Applications are available from your High School Advisor. Degrees and certificates are not distributed at commencement. All credentials are received through regular mail.
For more information, please contact the Registration Office, Downtown Campus, Room M210, 253.680.7046.
Official hashtag for Commencement
Use the official hashtags to connect with other families, alumni and students during the Commencement Ceremony. So, what’s a hashtag? A hashtag is a basic phrase you can use on social media to link your update with others on the same topic. Talk about your experience at Bates, the speakers, and the joy and excitement of seeing your friend or family member graduate from Bates Technical College!
Connect with us!
- Twitter: @BatesTechnical
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BatesTechnicalCollege
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/batestechnical
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/BatesTechnicalColl
#BTCgrad 2020 #BatesTechStrong
“Dear Class of 2020″ is a virtual commencement celebration bringing together inspirational leaders, celebrities, and YouTube creators to celebrate graduates, their families, and their communities.