Transfer Students

Transfer students are those who have attended another college or already earned a degree. Credits obtained at another college may transfer to Bates.

Bates will evaluate each student’s records to determine transferability. Students should request an official transcript be sent to Bates Technical College. Students will also still need to apply to the college for admission. 

  • Send a copy of your official transcripts to Bates Technical College, Attn: Transcript and Credential Evaluator, 1101 S. Yakima Ave., Tacoma, WA 98405. Or order online official transcripts through Parchment which accepts electronic or printed transcript orders. New users need to create an account prior to making a request.
  • Submit a Request for Credit Evaluation Form.
  • Allow up to four weeks for the evaluation process after all transcripts listed on the form have been received.

International Credit Transfer

Students who wish to transfer credits from colleges and universities located outside of the United States or if the transcript is in a foreign language, the transcript must be evaluated course by course from an independent Foreign Educational Credentials Evaluation Service. For more information, view a list of companies who provide this type of evaluation at Finding an Evaluation Agency

Please have the agency forward their evaluation directly to us at

Attn: Transcript & Credential Evaluator

If you’re a Bates student and are exploring transferring into another institution of higher education to complete your four-year degree. Bates has several direct transfer programs options.

Notice: We are currently experiencing problems with our phone system. Please be patient as we work to fix the issue.