Start here for a new career. We're glad you're here and we're ready to help you get started. Over 800 students graduate from Bates each year and with over 50 programs offering both short-term certificate and Associate of Applied Science degree options, you're sure to find the right program that will help you reinvent yourself.
Steps to Getting Started
Apply for Admission to Bates Technical College
Step 1: Apply for Admission to Bates Technical College
- Complete the online application.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive an email that includes your next steps.
- Step 2 Attend a Virtual Information Session
Step 2: Attend a Virtual Information Session
Information Sessions for career programs have moved to a new format! This is your opportunity to get all the information you need in one place for becoming a successful student while at Bates Technical College, no matter what your program of study. Best of all, since it’s virtual, you can participate when it’s convenient for you.
“Getting Started: Steps to Enrollment” is a virtual information session offering a step-by-step introduction to what you need to do to be admitted to Bates and what resources you will want to take advantage of as you begin your educational journey with us.
So, let’s get started! Sign up for virtual Q & A sessions offered over instant messaging. Chat sessions dates/times will be posted soon.
- Step 3 Apply for Financial Aid
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
- Create a FSA ID at www.studentaid.ed.gov.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Have your tax return handy to answer the income questions. Bates Technical College's school code is 012259.
- Complete other materials as requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- Step 4 Establish College Placement
Step 4: Establish College PlacementBates Technical College is now accepting multiple measures for college placement. These are:
Use this link to upload multiple measure information for use by your Career Advisor to assist with college placement.https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a5cc800dd9714d61b2bb5f5256a06349*NOTE: some programs may require additional assessments for entry into the programOFFICIAL college transcripts: If you have attended college before, you will need to submit an official transcript to have applicable earned credit applied to your career program. See Bates Technical College "Transfer Student" page for more information.
- ACT/SAT scores
- High School Transcripts
- Smarter Balance Scores
- College Transcripts
- Previously taken Accuplacer Results
- Step 5 Register for Classes
Step 5: Register for Classes
- Once you have completed the above steps, you are ready to register for classes. All new students are required to meet with a career advisor to register for classes their first quarter. Call 253.680.7002 to schedule your appointment.
- Please bring your assessment scores or transcripts to this appointment.
- Your non-refundable $50 registration fee is due at this time. If the registration fee is a hardship, please discuss this with your career advisor as alternative funding sources are sometimes available.
- Step 6 Attend New Student Orientation
Step 6: Attend New Student Orientation
- Register to attend a New Student Orientation. Get your parking pass and student ID. Learn about student resources at the college.
- Learn how to get started (English, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Korean)
- Comenzando una carrera en Bates
- Explore Our Areas of Study
Start here for a new career. We're glad you're here and we're ready to help you get started.Bates Technical College is closed to the public, but we are here to help you virtually. Most of our classes are offered remotely through Summer Quarter. Get important updates and information