What are the benefits of ctcLink to me?
For most faculty this is simply a new website that will help them better manage their experience as a student or as an employee. For staff, some departments will experience big changes, particularly Finance, Student Services, and HR. All faculty and staff will have their SID replaced by a universal ctcLink ID (referred to as the EMPL ID). This one ctcLink ID will be used at all Washington community and technical colleges. Once ctcLink is implemented, faculty will be able to do the following:
- Use My Schedule to view all classes that are assigned to you
- View and print a class roster
- Send messages to a group of students, or individually from your roster
- View final exam schedule
- Use grade roster – where you will see what program a student is enrolled in and assign grades.
What systems will be replaced by ctcLink?
- Financial Aid Management (FAM) – to be in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS)
- Student Management System (SMS) – to be in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS)
- Financial Management System (FMS) – to be in PeopleSoft Financial Management (FM)
- Personnel & Payroll Management System (PPMS) – to be in PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM)
- Time & Leave Reporting (TLR) – to be in PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM)
- Instructor Briefcase – class roster and grading tool for faculty is being replaced by the ctcLink Faculty Self-Service module.
- Travel Authorizations, Travel Expenses, Requisitions, and Professional Development Requests will all be handled through ctcLink (PeopleSoft).
Canvas will be used in conjunction with ctcLink (PeopleSoft). There will be a new tool called 25 Live which will launch at the same time and will allow for event scheduling and room reservations.