|Job Title||Work Study Custodian|
|Department||Facilities & Operations|
|Supervisor's Phone Number||253.680.7144|
The Work Study Custodian performs entry-level custodial duties including general cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing of college spaces under the direction and supervision of the Facilities and Operations Manager and/or designee. Work may include disinfecting high touch items like door handles, desks, tables, keyboards, and other areas that may be subject to contamination by disease organisms.
*Note: This positions is open for all three campuses.
The Work Study Custodian performs the following essential functions as trained, assigned and directed by the Supervisor and/or designee:
- Removes trash from assigned areas and transports to disposal site
- Sweeps, dust mops/wet mops, floors
- Vacuums carpets
- Cleans, sanitizes and disinfects classrooms, offices, restrooms, doors, walls, counters etc.
- Moves furniture and equipment as directed
- Reports problems like water leaks, burned out lights, malfunctioning equipment or damaged surfaces to the supervisor and/or the Facilities & Operations office
- Maintains tools, work areas, and assigned custodial closets in a clean, orderly, and well organized fashion at all times
|Statement of Educational Benefits|
The Work Study Custodian will gain the knowledge and basic skills needed to perform entry-level custodial duties in a higher education facility.
- Current enrollment at Bates Technical College
- Meets the criteria of the Work Study Program
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
- Use of various hand and tools used in the custodial trade
- Interpersonal skills (e.g. effective team member; works well with diverse group of people)
- Courteous and responsive customer service with internal and external audiences of the College
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance on the job to best support business needs of the department and college
- Consistently maintain confidentiality and sensitivity with internal and external audiences
- Able to communicate, work safely, understand instructions and recognize hazardous, unsafe materials and/or products
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to acknowledge and respect individual’s values and opinions to foster a harmonious working relationship with others