|Job Title||Student Retention Office Assistant-Central Campus|
|Supervisor's Phone Number||253.680.7607|
The Student Retention Office Assistant will assist the department staff with general office duties including providing customer service via answering and making phone calls, office duties such as filing, scanning, copying, and data entry.
- Monitor front desk
- Greeting and welcoming office visitors
- Calling to confirm upcoming appointments
- Assist in organizing files
- Assist in typing memos or making corrections to edited documents
- Assist in compiling and entering data
- Maintaining confidentiality
|Statement of Educational Benefits|
This position will prepare students for employment in any general office positions. Skills will include filing, scanning, faxing, creating documents and forms, and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Basic typing skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
- Attendance: Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Customer Service: Skills in providing prompt, consistent, friendly and supportive customer service.
- Technical Skills: Computer skills to complete web-based training, copy, print and scan.
- Detail Oriented: Attention to detail
- Communication: Ability to work and communicate appropriately and effectively with populations representing diverse backgrounds, life experiences and abilities.
- Communication: Knowledge of the importance of seeking direction frequently from staff.
- Project Deadlines: Must exercise good judgment for the prompt completion of responsibilities.