|Job Title||Office Assistant, Dean’s Office|
|Supervisor's Phone Number||2536807102|
This is an opportunity to learn valuable job skills and build your resume in a fun and dynamic environment of the Dean’s office. The Office Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Dean’s office with basic clerical and administrative duties. Our team is looking for a dependable, customer service focused, Student Office Assistant with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn. Applicants do not need to have previous office assistance experience; we will mentor and teach skills needed for this position. The Dean’s office is responsible for the oversight of the various programs of study at the Center for Allied Health Education and other professional/technical programs offered at the Downtown campus. It is very important for the person in this role to help us create an environment where all people feel welcome, respected, and have a sense of belonging.
- Major duties are assisting with filing and organizing information, customer service, providing and disseminating information, and answering questions, including in-person questions, emails, and phone calls.
- Assisting with providing directions to appropriate personnel, offices, and locations.
- Requires the incumbent to learn about Bates Technical College programs and services offered at each of the campus locations.
- Alphabetizing documents, filing, data entry
- Word processing and proofreading
- Copying and scanning documents
- Assisting with special projects
- Maintaining confidentiality
|Statement of Educational Benefits|
Provide students with an opportunity to grow professionally, expand critical thinking, gain and improve technical and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma, GED, or approved equivalency
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Keyboarding skills
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
- Have a pleasant and positive attitude
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Maintain a professional demeanor and excellent phone etiquette
- Responsible, dependable, trustworthy, well-groomed and punctual
- Strong basic keyboarding skills
- Ability to operate basic office equipment and machines such as a copier/scanner
- Ability to communicate and work well with a diverse staff and other students
- Understand correct alphabetical filing
- Must have the ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Use good judgement and exercise discretion
- Ability to work with confidential materials and maintain strict confidentiality
- Willing to sign a statement of confidentiality
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Maintain a calm demeanor under pressure
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Internet search and web site navigation
- Ability to follow direction and complete tasks