Congratulations on completing your registration and welcome to Bates Technical College!
The items below will need to be completed so you can be fully prepared for your first day of class.
- Attend your online or face-to-face class (general education and career training) the first week of class to avoid being dropped for non-attendance.
- Visit batestech.edu/financial-aid-student-portal to ensure your financial aid has been processed.
- Attend New Student Orientation (NSO). Visit batestech.edu/new-student-orientation for more information. NSO is an important step to attending Bates. Here we will provide you with valuable information to help make your journey at Bates successful. Our NSO is given in a virtual format.
- Purchase your books by going to my.batestech.edu > Quick Links > Bookstore. Students can view what books are required for their classes and purchase them online using the Virtual Bookstore.
- Obtain your free parking permit by filling out the online parking permit form at my.batestech.edu/parking-permit. Although many classes are being taught online due to COVID-19, some programs will have some on-site lab requirements. When on campus, students must have a parking permit.
- Confirm your registration and view your schedule online approximately 2-3 days after registering by going to my.batestech.edu > Quicklinks > Schedule. Here, students can view and/or print their schedule. Please verify the information is correct. If you have questions, please contact your advisor. To login, students will need their Student ID number (provided by your advisor at time of registration) and PIN. See page 2 for steps to obtain SID and PIN numbers.
- Access your online classes through CANVAS. Access your online classes through Canvas or by clicking “Canvas” at BatesTech.edu. Your Bates Student ID # is your username and password for your initial login. If you run into any difficulties logging in, contact the Online Learning Center at email@example.com
- Visit batestech.edu/student-resources to get answers to frequently asked questions and obtain a copy of the Student Handbook.
- Visit the library.batestech.edu/lowcosttech to access resources for current Bates Technical College students to support online learning during the COVID-19 closures. This site includes information about how to access free or low cost Internet and devices. If you need a laptop, please fill out the Emergency Loaner Laptop Request form. This form is found under the Bates Emergency Laptop Lending Program tab of the library website.
- Verify that you can access your student email by going to my.batestech.edu> Quick Links> Mail. Check BatesTech.edu/information-technology for anything related to accessing your email, virtual labs (Bates vlabs), getting Microsoft Office 365 for your home computer, and how to contact the Student Help Desk. Forgot your student email? Visit batestech.edu/whats-my-email