To register, please complete this fillable form and and scan and submit it via email to email@example.com or mail it to Bates Continuing Education, 2201 South 78th Street, Tacoma, WA 98409. Registration for continuing education classes is completed upon payment. Call 253.680.7402 for more information
Continuing Education classes are self-supported; therefore, Bates will cancel a class if there are too few participants enrolled to cover the cost of the class. If your withdrawal notification is given at least one business day prior to the first day of class, or the class is canceled, you will receive a 100 percent refund. Bates reserves the right to cancel, reschedule class times and/or dates, or change instructors. We will notify you only if the class is canceled.
Fall 2022 enrollment starts Tuesday, July 19.
Transportation and Distribution
Flagger Training Course, FLAG 101This course provides information and procedures to enhance the safety of both workers and drivers during typical construction projects. Students will receive a card upon successful completion certifying the ability to perform as a flagger. Prerequisite: Must be 18 or older.
- 003-LEC (15520), BSC-E101, Fri, 8/12, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 1 cr.
- 001-LEC (29486), BSC-E101, Fri, 9/30, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 1 cr.
- 002-LEC (29488), BSC-E101, Fri, 10/21, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 1 cr.
- 003-LEC (29505), BSC-E101, Sat, 11/19, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 1 cr.
- 004-LEC (29507), BSC-E101, Sat, 12/09, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 1 cr.
Forklift Operation, FRKLF 101Become a state-certified forklift driver. Course covers regulations and driving test, including pre-trip test. Prerequisite: Must be 18 or older.
- 001-LEC (29524), BSC-E111, Sat, 10/1 & 10/8, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., 1 cr. (Fall 2022)
- 002-LEC (29527), BSC-E111, T,W, 10/25-10/26, 4:30-9:30 p.m., 1 cr. (Fall 2022)
Forklift Operator Refresher & Re-Certification, FRKLF 111Learn the required areas of machine design, state and federal regulations, inspection procedures, safe operation and fuels used for forklifts. Students learn through lecture, hands-on demonstrations and operation. This class is appropriate for those who wish to stay current with forklift operator certification in accordance with OSHA standards. Prerequisite: must show proof of current forklift certification from Bates.
- 001-LEC (29534), BSC-E111, Sat, 10/8, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., 5 hr.
Section #, Location, Room, Day, Date, Time, Hours/Credits
- OL- Online
- BCC- Central/Mohler Campus
- BDC- Downtown Campus
- BSC- South Campus