Do you enjoy caring for others? A degree in practical nursing may be perfect for you.
For some students, the decision to pursue a career in nursing is easy. Maybe you come from a family of nurses or perhaps ever since you were a child, you dreamed of being a nurse. Maybe you experienced a life-changing event which spurred you to look into a career in healthcare. What nursing students all have in common is the dedication, passion and compassion to help others. Our nursing students learn what it takes to provide safe, quality, compassionate care for cross-cultural populations as well as provide care to patients both young and old. Newly licensed graduates are able to earn $18-23 per hour. A degree in practical nursing opens doors to opportunities. Make your dream a reality. At Bates, students have access to childcare, access to public or free transportation to and from the college, and the ability to locally transfer to a ADN or BSN bridge program. Apply today!
Career Advisor: Jason Carroll253.680.7002 | email@example.com
Location: Downtown Campus Hours: N/A
Program Length: Four - Six Quarters
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Minimum age for program entry: 18 years of age
3. Pass a clear national and Washington state background check. The background check must be completed prior to registering and paying the $50 college registration fee.
4. Documentary evidence of current immunizations and medical/dental evaluation within two weeks of program start date.
5. Documentary evidence of current American Heart Association, Health Care Provider approved CPR card within two weeks of program start date.
6. Must meet pre-determined Accuplacer levels in reading and writing
7. Meet with a Practical Nursing faculty member to receive program-specific required information
- National Median Salary$55,650
- National Potential Annual Job Openings62,700
This information is base on data from October 2019. For updated information, visit careeronestop, a database sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
At Bates, our tuition is affordable and there are options to help make it even easier to gain an education. Federal aid is available for many of our students. Scholarships are also available through the Bates Foundation.
See if you qualify for other funding through our special funding programs with the Workforce Education office.
Request More Information
Note: Information is accurate as of its original posting date. The college reserves the right to edit, change, or update information as needed throughout the year. Up-to-date information is available in Student Services.Something went wrong with the connection to the Curriculum Catalog. Please try again later.
Something went wrong with the connection to the Curriculum Catalog. Please try again later.
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will be able to:N/A
Bates instructors are industry experts who enjoy working with and teaching students.
Judy Campbell, technician
253.680.7316 | Email