CPR Training and First Aid
This six-hour course meets Labor and Industry specifications and the licensing requirements of the Department of Social and Health Services.
CPR is offered from 8-11 a.m., and First Aid is offered from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
First Aid only (Item# 7521) is $45
CPR only (Item# 7520) is $45
Bates Technical College, South Campus, 2201 S. 78th, Tacoma WA Building E101B / Saturday / 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Courses will be offered soon.
LPN Self-Study Refresher, PNRS 121
Arranged, 14 cr.
This class is for LPNs who hold an inactive or lapsed LPN license for three or more years, and who must complete an approved refresher program before receiving an active LPN license for the state. Students with an inactive or lapsed license must provide a limited educational license prior to beginning any clinical work. A clear National and Washington State Patrol background check is required (prospective students with criminal offenses on the DSHS secretary’s list may be ineligible for this program). To register for the LPN Self-Study Refresher, please contact Jason Carroll at 253-680-7008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foundations and Adult Health Nursing, 8th Ed. (ISBN: 978-0323484374)
Study Guide: Foundations and Adult Health Nursing, 8th Ed. (ISBN: 978-032352499)
Nurses Drug Guide published within two years (choose from Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses, Mosby’s Nursing Drug Reference, Lippincott’s Nursing Drug Guide or Saunders Drug Guide)
Absence and Attendance
Students are expected to attend every clinical day and be on time (0645 unless otherwise instructed).
- One excused absence with proper notification will be accepted.
- Two absences in a clinical rotation will result in the student being placed on attendance probation for the remainder of the program.
- More than two absences will result in failure of the course.
- Habitual tardiness (more than twice) will be reviewed by the faculty and will result in probation requiring a performance improvement plan by the student.
- Failure to meet the performance improvement objectives will result in immediate dismissal from the clinical setting and a final grade of Unsatisfactory.
- 2 tardiness episodes = probation; 3 tardiness episodes = 1 absence
For more information regarding the Nursing Assistant Certified program, visit the CNA page.
For more information, please contact the Advising Office at (253) 680-7002.
Self-Support Classes Refund Policy:
100%– When Bates Technical College cancels the class
100%– When withdrawal is at least one business day prior to the first day of class. To officially withdraw from the class, you may come in, call or email.
0%– When registered but do not attend the class. No refunds are available after the class has started.
Registration deadlines are usually five (5) days prior to the first class. Bates will cancel a class if there are too few participants enrolled to cover the cost of the class. Bates reserves the right to cancel classes, reschedule classes, or change instructors. You will only be notified if your class is canceled.