The only college in Washington state that offers a nationally accredited Denturist program.
Denturists are licensed specialists who make, fit, and repair complete and partial removable dentures. Bates Technical College is the only college in Washington state that offers a nationally accredited denturist program. Instruction includes anatomy, physiology, microbiology, ethics, medical emergencies, office management, and clinical/laboratory techniques as they apply to denture practices. Students receive clinical experience in an on-campus denturist clinic that is open to the public. Upon graduation, students are prepared to sit for the denturist’s license examination in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, or Arizona. New students are accepted into the program every fall and spring.
Career Advisor: Jason Carroll253-680-7008 | email@example.com
Location: Downtown Campus Hours: 7:30AM - 4:00PM
Program Length: Four Quarters
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Minimum age for program entry: 18 years of age
3. Pass a clear national and Washington state background check. The background check must be completed prior to registering and paying the $50 college registration fee.
Order your background check at http://www.the-audi-group.com/?page_id=1046.
4. Documentary evidence of current immunizations and medical/dental evaluation within two weeks of program start date.
5. Documentary evidence of current American Heart Association, Health Care Provider approved CPR card within two weeks of program start date.
6. Must meet pre-determined Accuplacer levels in reading and writing
7. Meet with a Denturist faculty member to receive program-specific required information
- National Median Salary$85,799
- National Potential Annual Job Openings4,600
This information is base on data from June 2021.
At Bates, our tuition is affordable and there are options to help make it even easier to gain an education. Federal aid is available for many of our students. Scholarships are also available through the Bates Foundation.
See if you qualify for other funding through our special funding programs with the Workforce Education office.
Request More Information
Note: Information is accurate as of its original posting date. The college reserves the right to edit, change, or update information as needed throughout the year. Up-to-date information is available in Student Services.View the Program of Study
Associate of Applied Science
CIP: 51.0696 EPC: 309
Bates Technical College is the only college in Washington State to offer a denturist training program. Denturists are licensed specialists who make, fit, and repair complete and partial dentures. In order to meet the requirements of the denturist profession, candidates must obtain training at an accredited college to qualify to sit for the Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, or Arizona denturist’s license examination. Instruction includes anatomy, physiology, microbiology, ethics, medical emergencies, office management, and clinical/laboratory techniques as they apply to denture practices. Students receive clinical experience in the on-campus denturist clinic which provides services to the public. New students may enter the program at the beginning of fall and spring quarters.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must be fully ready to enter into general education courses. This entry requirement may be satisfied by providing the registrar with official transcripts showing actual completion of general education courses, or by satisfactory completion of placement tests that enable the student to enroll directly into required general education courses.
- Applicants must take and pass aptitude tests measuring dexterity and the ability to visualize three-dimensional forms.
- Personal interview with instructor.