Dental Lab Technician
The only fully accredited ADA Dental Lab Technician program in Washington state.
Students in the Dental Lab Technician program learn the art and science of designing and fabricating dental prosthesis, which includes full and partial dentures, orthodontic appliances, gold and porcelain crowns and bridges. Technological advances include computer-aided design (CAD) and computer aided manufacturing which is in high demand. Students are prepared for employment through work-based learning credits in their second year of the program. Bates offers the only fully accredited ADA dental lab technician program in Washington State. If you want a career that combines artistry with computer digital technology, consider the Dental Lab Technician program.
Career Advisor: Jason Carroll253-680-7008 | email@example.com
Location: Downtown Campus Hours: 7:00AM - 4:00PM
Program Length: Eight Quarters
- National Median Salary$41,340
- National Potential Annual Job Openings4,600
This information is base on data from June 2021.
At Bates, our tuition is affordable and there are options to help make it even easier to gain an education. Federal aid is available for many of our students. Scholarships are also available through the Bates Foundation.
See if you qualify for other funding through our special funding programs with the Workforce Education office.
Request More Information
Note: Information is accurate as of its original posting date. The college reserves the right to edit, change, or update information as needed throughout the year. Up-to-date information is available in Student Services.View the Program of Study
Associate of Applied Science
DENTAL LAB TECHNICIAN
CIP: 51.0603 EPC: 311
Students in the Dental Laboratory Technician program train and prepare for a career in the high tech and artistic field of dental restoration production and fabrication. Students will learn to design and create crowns, bridges, orthodontic appliances, dentures, partials and more using hands-on and CAD/CAM techniques. Students will study aspects of traditional and digital dentistry.
Bates Technical College curriculum complies with the American Dental Association standards and is the only fully accredited ADA Dental Lab Technician program in Washington state. Instructors are Certified Dental Technicians with years of industry experience. Successful completion of the Dental Lab Tech program puts graduates on a fast track to earn their Certified Dental Technician (CDT) credentials. Upon graduation, students can also test and earn the Registered Graduate (RG) credential.
- High school diploma or GED
- Students will take general education courses in addition to Dental Lab Tech studies. Applicants must provide proof of readiness by either supplying official transcripts showing completion of pre-college level courses or by satisfactorily completing
- Placement tests that will allow students to enroll directly in general education classes
- Applicants must complete a dexterity and hand-eye coordination assessment that will be reviewed by the instructor. Applicant and instructor will discuss the assessment results to evaluate individual abilities and program readiness
Bates instructors are industry experts who enjoy working with and teaching students.
Robert Hayes, CDT
253-680-7313 | Email