If you have business and industry experience and want to make the transition to the teaching profession, then consider pursuing a CTE certification at the secondary level, grades 7-12. The Bates CTE Teacher Preparation program is approved by the Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB) for the Plan 2 Business and Industry Route.
The program consists of the following teacher preparation courses:
- EDU101 Introduction to School Law
- EDU102 Industrial Safety
- EDU104 Philosophy of CTE
- EDU105 Methods of Teaching
- EDU106 Occupational Analysis
- EDU107 Course Organization
- EDU151 Abuse and Neglect of Children
- EDU226 CTE Student Leadership Organizations
- EDU228 Work-Based Learning Coordination
- EDU229 Diverse Needs of Students
- EDU230 Teaching Practicum – CTE
Classes may be taken in any order, with the exception of the CTE teaching practicum. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and classes do fill up! We encourage you to register early to ensure a seat in the class. For questions on any aspect of the program, contact Ines Lamberton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253.680.7467
|CTE Fall 2021||Registration is now open.|
|CTE Summer 2021||Registration is closed.|
Our quality, competency-based training is flexible, which makes it easy for you to maintain jobs, family and quickly make progress in our program. Courses are offered quarterly on weeknights and weekends, and some are fully online. The accelerated summer weekday offering gives you the opportunity to complete the majority of courses during summer.
We can help you design a personalized plan to meet your individual needs.
GI Bill®/Financial Aid: Continuing education programs are not eligible for financial aid, including, but not limited to the GI Bill®, federal financial aid or state aid programs. If you are a veteran receiving assistance through the GI Bill®, please contact Andy Hall, VA certifying official, to check if the VA will fund your continuing education program before enrolling.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Self-Support Classes Refund Policy:
- 100% When Bates Technical College cancels the class.
- 100% When withdrawal is at least one business day prior to the first day of class. To officially withdraw from the class, email email@example.com or call 253-680-7467.
- 0% When registered but do not attend the class. No refunds are available after the class has started.
Bates will cancel a class if there are too few participants enrolled to cover the cost of the class. Bates reserves the right to cancel classes, reschedule classes, or change instructors. You will be notified if a class is full or if a class cancellation occurs.
CTE Program Coordinator