If you have business and industry experience and want to make the transition to the teaching profession, then consider pursuing a CTE certification at the secondary level, grades 7-12. The Bates CTE Teacher Preparation program is approved by the Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB) for the Plan 2 Business and Industry Route.
The program consists of the following teacher preparation courses:
- EDU101 Introduction to School Law
- EDU102 Industrial Safety
- EDU104 Philosophy of CTE
- EDU105 Methods of Teaching
- EDU106 Occupational Analysis
- EDU107 Course Organization
- EDU151 Abuse and Neglect of Children
- EDU226 CTE Student Leadership Organizations
- EDU228 Work-Based Learning Coordination
- EDU229 Diverse Needs of Students
- EDU230 Teaching Practicum – CTE
Classes may be taken in any order, with the exception of the CTE teaching practicum. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, and classes do fill up!
Register early to ensure your seat in the class. For questions, please contact CTE Teacher Prep or call 253.680.7467
|Schedules||Registration Opened Dates|
|CTE Winter 2023 Schedule|
Jan. 18 – March 7, 2023
|Continuing students: Oct. 25, 2022|
New Students: Oct. 31022
|CTE Spring 2023 Schedule|
April 5 – May 23, 2023
|Continuing Student: Feb. 1, 2023|
New Students: Feb. 7, 2023
|CTE Summer 2023 Schedule|
June 26 – Aug. 14, 2023
|Continuing Student: April 25, 2023|
New Students: May 1, 2023
How to Register
- Activate your ctcLink account if you haven’t done so already. Select “Activate Your Account” and enter the required fields. If you’ve already activated your account, log in and navigate to your Student Homepage.
- Follow the instructions on How to Register for Classes. Select Term → Acad Career: Undergraduate → Subject: CTE Teacher Prep-EDU → Search. Select the Class section and enroll.
- Pay your tuition and fees to complete the registration: Student Homepage → Financial Account → Payments → Make a Payment.
- Follow the instructions on how to log in to Canvas.
Our quality, competency-based training is flexible, which makes it easy for you to maintain your career and family, and quickly make progress in our program. Courses are offered quarterly on weeknights and weekends, and some are online. The accelerated summer weekday offering gives you the opportunity to complete the majority of courses during the summer.
We can help you design a personalized plan to meet your individual needs.
GI Bill®/Financial Aid: Continuing education programs are not eligible for financial aid, including, but not limited to the GI Bill®, federal financial aid or state aid programs. If you are a veteran receiving assistance through the GI Bill®, please contact email@example.com
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Self-Support Classes Refund Policy:
- 100% When Bates Technical College cancels the class.
- 100% When withdrawal is at least one business day prior to the first day of class. To officially withdraw from the class, email CTE Teacher Prep.
- 0% When registered but do not attend the class. No refunds are available after the class has started.
Registration deadlines are usually five (5) days prior to the first class. Bates will cancel a class if there are too few participants enrolled to cover the cost of the class. Bates reserves the right to cancel classes, reschedule classes, or change instructors. You will only be notified if your class is canceled.
CTE Teacher Prep