Bates Technical College cares and we are here to support you in achieving your dreams and educational goals.
Note: The financial aid staff will determine the type of funding you are awarded.
Bates Technical College is offering emergency assistance to students who experience a financial emergency or unanticipated expenses that cause financial hardship. The goal is to cover expenses that affect a student’s ability to stay in college and complete their education. Emergency funding is not intended to provide ongoing relief of recurring expenses or as a consistent supplement for educational purposes.
We understand that many of you may be struggling to make ends meet. Bates Technical College is here to assist you during these difficult times. We have established limited emergency funding for currently enrolled students.
Please note: All communications will be sent to your Bates Technical College student email address. If you need help setting up your student email, please email email@example.com.
- Request will be evaluated on an individual basis and may require additional documentation.
- The CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, HEERF II, HEERF III and the Undocumented Student Relief Grant will not count against a student’s unmet need or Cost of Attendance. The Student Emergency Assistance Grant does count against a student’s unmet needs. However, other grant programs and funding will count. Your total aid must not exceed your financial aid budget (aka the cost of attendance).
- We will do our best to assist you with all sources of funding that can be assist with you request.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing and the results of request.
- Multiple requests or requests for unusually high amounts may require documentation and/or higher levels of approval.
- All student are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).
- All Emergency funding will be disbursed through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. New students will receive instructions from BankMobile Disbursements on how to set up their accounts and select a refund preference.
- The financial Aid staff will only award for one application per quarter per student. The maximum amount awarded per quarter is $5,000.
- If you need assistance with filling out this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our office on campus.
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Data Report
- IRS CARES Guidance FAQ
- HEERF II Policies & Procedures
- HEERF Quarterly Reporting – 09-30-2020
- HEERF Quarterly Reporting – 12-30-2020
- Undocumented Student Relief Grants P & P