Bates Technical College cares and we are here to support you in achieving your dreams and educational goals.
Bates Technical College is offering emergency assistance to students who experience a financial emergency or unanticipated expenses that cause financial hardship. The goal is to cover expenses that affect a student’s ability to stay in college and complete their education. Emergency funding is not intended to provide ongoing relief of recurring expenses or as a consistent supplement for educational purposes. These funds will NOT be awarded for more than one quarter per year (Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer) without extenuating circumstances.
We understand that many of you may be struggling to make ends meet. Bates Technical College is here to assist you during these difficult times. We have established limited emergency funding for currently enrolled students.
All communications will be sent to your listed email address on your ctcLink file. If you need help setting up your student email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request will be evaluated on an individual basis and may require additional documentation.
- Student Emergency Assistant Grant funds cannot be applied toward tuition and fees.
- Highschool Tech and Highschool Plus students are not eligible for this funding source.
- The Student Emergency Assistance Grant does count against a student’s unmet needs. Your total aid must not exceed your financial aid budget (aka the cost of attendance).
- We will do our best to assist you with all sources of funding that can be assist with you request.
- Please allow up to a week for processing and the results of the request.
- Multiple request will NOT be processed.
- If you are applying for emergency assistance, it is strongly encouraged for you to complete the FAFSA or WASFA as there may be additional funding available to you.
- All Emergency funding will be disbursed through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. New students will receive instructions from BankMobile Disbursements on how to set up their accounts and select a refund preference.
- The financial Aid staff will only award for one application per quarter per student. The maximum amount awarded per quarter is $5,000.
- If you need assistance with filling out this form, please email email@example.com or visit our office on campus.
Matrix for emergency funding requests:
Books/Supplies/Tools Up to $500 Childcare Up to $1000 ($500/child) Must be listed on FAFSA Fees and Fines Up to $250Up to $500 For parking ticket, etc. Not for tuition and fees. Documentation Required. Food Up to $300 Healthcare Up to $1000 Documentation Required Housing/Utilities Up to $2500 Technology/Software Up to $500 One award per lifetime Transportation Up to $350
All Cares Act funds have been disbursed
CARES Act Funding Reports
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Data Report
- IRS CARES Guidance FAQ
- HEERF II Policies & Procedures
- Undocumented Student Relief Grants P & P
- Financial Aid CARES, CRRSAA, & ARP 2021 Quarter 3 report
- Financial Aid CARES, CRRSAA, & ARP 2021 Quarter 4 report
- Financial Aid CARES, CRRSAA, & ARP 2022 Quarter 1 report