Bates Technical College cares and we are here to support you in achieving your dreams and educational goals.
Note: HEERF II funding is now available until funds are depleted.
Bates Technical College is offering emergency assistance to students who experience a financial emergency or unanticipated expenses that cause financial hardship. The goal is to cover expenses that affect a student’s ability to stay in college and complete their education. Emergency funding is not intended to provide ongoing relief of recurring expenses or as a consistent supplement for educational purposes.
We understand that many of you may be struggling to make ends meet. Bates Technical College is here to assist you during these difficult times. We have established limited emergency funding for currently enrolled students.
Please note: All communications will be sent to your Bates Technical College student email address. If you need help setting up your student email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request will be evaluated on an individual basis and may require additional documentation.
- The CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund will not count against a student’s unmet need or Cost of Attendance. However, other grant programs and funding will count. Your total aid must not exceed your financial aid budget (aka the cost of attendance).
- For students who are not eligible for the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, we will do our best to assist you with other sources of funding that can be used for expenses and/or applied towards outstanding tuition and fees balances.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing and the results of request.
- Multiple requests or requests for unusually high amounts may require documentation and/or higher levels of approval.
- In order to be eligible for the Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds the student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA). Or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).
- The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund will be disbursed through Bank Mobile. New students will receive instructions from Bank Mobile on how to set up their accounts and receive their refunds.
- If you need assistance with filling out this form, please email email@example.com.
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Data Report
- IRS CARES Guidance FAQ
- HEERF Quarterly Reporting – 09-30-2020
- HEERF Quarterly Reporting – 12-30-2020