Nursing program holds blood drive Thursday, Nov. 17
Posted: November 14, 2016
In partnership with Bloodworks Northwest, the college’s Practical Nurse program will hold a blood drive Thursday, Nov. 17, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. (closed 10-10:45 a.m.) at the Downtown Campus Auditorium.
Walk-ins are welcome around scheduled donors.
Please consider sharing your health! Bring a friend, family member, neighbor or co-worker to double your impact. Share with your friends on the other campuses!
We are challenged during the holidays to maintain necessary blood supplies because of busy schedules, and we appreciate your support.
If you can’t make it to the blood drive, please feel free to contact our Federal Way Donor Center at 253.945.8660 to make a donation appointment. We are challenged during the holidays to maintain necessary blood supplies because of busy schedules, and we appreciate your support.
Bloodworks Northwest is the primary blood supplier to 90 hospitals, including St. Joseph’s, St. Clare’s, St. Anthony’s and St. Francis’, two Level One Trauma Hospitals and three Veteran’s Hospitals.
- Yes, you CAN donate if you’ve had a flu shot
- Yes, you CAN donate if you’ve had a tattoo in the past 12 months – as long as it was performed in a licensed facility in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, or California
- Yes, you CAN donate if you are a diabetic – as long as you are healthy you are able to give
- Yes, you CAN donate if you are taking blood pressure medicine, as long as your blood pressure is within range
- Yes, you CAN donate 6 weeks after pregnancy
- And there is NO upper age limit – as long as you are healthy and have a beating heart you’re eligible!
More questions? Call Bloodworks Northwest at 800.398.7888, ext. 2
Bloodworks Northwest has been supporting hospitals throughout Western Washington for more than 70 years.