KBTC's Northwest Now talks South Sound economy, tours Bates Tech's new Center for Allied Health Education
Posted: January 19, 2022
During a pandemic that’s crippled the world economy, caused supply chain and labor shortages, and skyrocketing inflation, you’d think that the misery would trickle down to the Pierce County economy, but in reality, the opposite has happened.
In this edition of Northwest Now, we’ll have our annual checkup of the surprisingly resilient South Sound economy. We’ll also take you on a tour of a new Allied Health facility that’s opened on the Bates Technical College campus that could become another boost to the strong local economy.
Northwest Now is a weekly public affairs program that airs Friday at 7:30 p.m. on KBTC Public Television, a service of Bates Technical College.
You can visit our website to watch past episodes and learn more about our show.
- KBTC 28.1, NHK World-Japan 28.2, FNX 28.3, TVW 28.4 Tacoma/Seattle
- KCKA 15.1, NHK World-Japan 15.2, FNX 15.3, TVW 15.4 Centralia/Chehalis
- K16LV-D Grays River/Lebam
- K18NJ-LD Bellingham
- KBTC-DR Seattle
- Comcast channel 108 (HD) (most areas in Western Washington)
- Comcast channel 3 (SD) (Tacoma)
- Comcast channel 12 (SD) (most areas in Western Washington)
- Rainier Connect channel 3 (Tacoma)
- Rainier Connect channel 10
- Wave Cable channel 28 (varies by area)
- Ziply (formerly Verizon/Frontier Cable): 528 (HD), 28 (SD)
- Dish channel 28
- DirecTV channel 28
Fall Quarter registration for new students begins July 19. Get started today on your enrollment steps!