Welcome to Bates Technical College’s Human Resources (HR) Office. Whether you are a new employee, a long-time employee, or a potential employee, we are here to provide you with clear and accurate information and the best possible service.
In these pages, you’ll find information about employment, benefits, tenure review, training and development, and more. We invite you to explore and hope you’ll find what you need. Please feel free to email any of the HR staff directly with questions or suggestions. We look forward to working with you.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the fundamental principle that applies to all our policies and procedures relating to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Mission and Vision Statement
The Human Resources Office is dedicated to providing services that support and advance the success of the college community.
- Our current and prospective employees are our greatest asset
- Ethics, integrity and trust in all that we do
- A respectful, diverse and collaborative environment that appreciates our differences
- Continues commitment to lifelong learning and professional development of our staff and faculty
- Open transparent communication and shared problem-solving
- Providing effective counsel, guidance and advice to others
- Confidentiality, accuracy, and lawful practices
- Contributions to a mutual relationship that is beneficial to the college’s mission, vision and strategic goals
Verification of employment requests may be sent to the Payroll Office by email at email@example.com or by fax at 253.680.7171
For additional information about the Human Resource Office, please contact us.
Bates Technical College reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in its programs and activities in accordance with college policy and applicable federal and state statutes and regulations. Inquiries regarding Bates’ non-discriminatory policies should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, 1101 South Yakima Avenue, Tacoma, Washington 98405.