Apply for financial aid, learn about ways to pay
Posted: August 02, 2019
- You may apply for financial aid in three simple steps:
- Create a FSA ID at https://studentaid.gov/
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA). Have your tax return handy to answer the income questions.
- Complete other materials as requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- You will need your FSA ID and previous year’s tax return or W2s handy to answer the income questions. Bates Technical College’s school code is 012259.
- Visit the Workforce Education Services page to learn about some of the special funding programs such as Worker Retraining funding, Opportunity Grant and other programs you may qualify for.
- Bates Technical College Foundation scholarships can provide financial assistance for educational expenses. Submit an application here.
Need more help?
- For one-on-one support completing the FAFSA/WASFA application, the EOC (Education Opportunity Center) with MDC, offers assistance in applying for financial aid. You can contact an EOC Advisor at Sbriggs@mdc-hope.org or (253)318-4945. Students can complete an Educational Opportunity Center Enrollment Form to see if they are eligible for assistance.
- Otterbot is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Text “Hi Otter” to 360-928-7281 to help Washington students navigate financial aid for college and career education.
- For general Financial Aid questions and help completing the FAFSA, visit our Financial Aid page to see our hours of operation.
For additional question about the financial aid, email email@example.com.