CARTS154 - SERVSAFE SANITATION
This course focuses on food production practices that are governed by changing federal and state regulations. Content includes prevention of food-borne illness, HACCP procedures, facility sanitation, and guidelines for safe food preparation, storage and reheating. Students take the NRA ServSafe examination in this course.
Offered: Fall, Spring
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety and sanitation procedures
- Pass 2 hour proctored SERVSAFE test with a grade of 75% or better and receive certification as a SERVSAFE Food Manager.
- Practice kitchen "housekeeping" teamwork
- Practice proper ware washing procedures
- Prepare a daily menu in a production kitchen in strict accordance with current federal and state regulations