CARTS152 - Introduction to Food Truck
This class will concentrate on licensing requirements, preparing for and operating the food truck including marketing strategies. Emphasis is on the development of a comprehensive business plan.
Offered: Fall, Spring
- Apply learned skills to provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrate proper safety and sanitation procedures in the kitchen and in a mobile food service setting
- Define shared business operations and the business environment
- Describe the licensing and permitting needs for the area of operation
- Develop a marketing plan to include social media
- Follow established procedures to obtain licenses, permits and clearances
- Follow fire codes and zoning laws
- Review and select a vehicle for mobile food service