MET140 - Mechanical Measurements
This course is designed to introduce students to the function, operation, and application of common mechanical engineering instruments, measurement principles, and statistical analysis. Major elements of measurement systems, including transduction, signal conditioning, and data recording. Function and operation of digital data acquisition systems.
Distribution: Career Training
- Analyze measurement data based on industry standards.
- Evaluate measurement data results and decide on the validity of the data.
- Develop a measurement plan that would make recommendation on the measurement, sensors used and data analysis methods.
- Explain the fundamentals of mechanical measurements and an overview of the process of measurement.
- Remember the types of sensors used for mechanical measurements and what the sensors measure.
- Demonstrate the ability to use sensors to collect measurement data.