OTA102 - Health and Wellness and the OTA
Principles and strategies for managing health and promoting wellness are practiced. Importance of balancing areas of occupation for success in occupational roles are examined and applied
- Demonstrate use of principles and strategies for self management, time management, stress management that promote personal health and wellness.
- Identify learning style and effective learning strategies and study skills
- Identify common health conditions, symptoms and etiologies related to OT.
- Demonstrate knowledge of global social issues and prevailing health and welfare needs of populations with or at risk for disabilities and chronic health conditions.
- Articulate the importance of balancing areas of occupation with the achievement of health and wellness for the clients.
- Explain the role occupation in the promotion of health and the prevention of disease and disability for the individual, family and society.
- Demonstrate an understanding of support for the quality of life, well-being, and occupation of the individual, group or population to promote physical and mental health and prevention of injury and disease considering the context and environment.