DNTA116 - Dental Sciences II
Students are introduced to the fundamentals of oral health and preventative techniques, oral pathology, pediatric dentistry, nutrition and pharmacology.
Distribution: Career Training
Offered: Winter, Summer
- Explain the techniques and procedures used to prevent and care for oral disease.
- Describe nutrients found in the human diet and their impact on dental health.
- Explain the fundamentals of oral pathology
- Explain the fundamentals of pharmacology as it pertains to dentistry.
- Describe the scope of the practice for pediatric dentistry including specialist training, behavior management and common procedures and equipment.