MET130 - Manufacturing Methods
This course focuses on the introduction to mechanical manufacturing methods by which materials are economically processed into different shapes. The overall goal is to develop an understanding of how the functionality, shape, materials and cost of a product influence manufacturing process design.
Distribution: Career Training
- Recognize features of a design and manufacturing process used to create these features.
- Describle a component in an engineering drawing and explain processes used to manufacture the component.
- Execute the manufacturing of a component.
- Analyze a manufactured part and differentiate the part from the engineering drawing.
- Select manufacturing processes given a component.
- Design a component and develop a plan for manufacturing of the component.