MET218 - Introduction to 3 D Modeling
This course is an introduction to creating 3D CAD models using feature-based, parametric solid-modeling design; base, boss and cut features using extruded, revolved, simple swept and lofted shapes; capturing design intent using automatic or user-defined geometric and dimensional constraints; detail and assembly drawings.
Prerequisites: ENGR&111, ENGR&112
Distribution: Career Training
- Gain basic concepts and understanding of tools related to 3D modeling and design
- Apply beginner skills in 3D modeling as it relates to engineering design
- Identify the fundamentals of strong 3D design in a digital environment.
- Define basic concepts utilizing industry terminology as explained in educational resources
- Create 3D solid models of mechanical components using CAD software
- Demonstrates evidence of adjustment in own attitudes and beliefs because of working within and learning from diversity of communities and cultures.