DNTA151 - Clinical Experience I
Students are assigned to off campus dental offices in the community or the Bates Dental Clinic. Clinical assignments are designed to enhance students’ competence in performing dental assisting functions with emphasis on chairside assisting, radiograph technique, patient management skills, and professionalism. General Dentistry is emphasized.
Distribution: Career Training
Offered: Winter, Summer
- Demonstrate industry accepted work habits/attitude.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills in the health care setting.
- Perform clinical suportive treatments.
- Demonstrate industry accepted patient interactions.
- Demonstrates safe and effective beginning level chairside dental assisting skills in a clinical setting
- Shows evidence of progress with clinical skills