ENGL&101 - English Composition I
An introduction to college writing emphasizing rhetorical concepts, critical thought, and research skills with attention to effectively engaging a variety of audiences.
Prerequisites: Placement or ENGL 91, minimum grade of 2.0 or above
Offered: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
- Apply strategies for reading, pre-writing, drafting, reviewing, collaborating, revising, editing, and submitting texts by assigned deadlines.
- Evaluate a variety of media and technologies to address a range of audiences.
- Describe a variety of rhetorical concepts to analyze and compose a variety of texts.
- Use appropriate linguistic structures, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling in written texts.
- Apply common formats and conventions for ethically using, citing, and documenting a variety of texts.