ENGL&235 - Technical Writing
Advanced written communication course emphasizing writing for technical and business purposes, organizing data, using research tools, presenting and submitting technical documents using various media, and effectively collaborating on team projects.
Prerequisites: Placement or completion of ENGL& 101 with 2.0 grade or better.
Offered: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
- Use a writing process (pre-writing/drafting/revising) to develop technical documents that effectively address different audiences.
- Apply methods of research and documentation to technical topics and properly synthesize and integrate source material with one’s own ideas.
- Describe technical writing concepts and vocabulary.
- Create a clear and accurate set of technical documents for a variety of purposes related to writing in the workplace.
- Practice and develop collaboration skills by producing effective technical documents or presentations as a member of a team.