MATH&141 - Precalculus I
In this course students solve functions, function operations, rational, polynomial, exponential, logarithmic and linear functions and equation solving, function graphs, matrices and determinants, sequences and series.
Distribution: General Education
- Perform operations and composition of functions including finding the inverse.
- Analyze the graphs of functions and determine their properties including intercept, domain and range and transformations.
- Solve application questions on linear and quadratic functions.
- Use the properties of exponents and logarithms to solve equations.
- Solve application problems which can be modeled on exponential growth or decay.
- Solve systems of linear equations in two or three variables.
- Express general terms of sequences.