DNTA125 - Office Administration
Introduction in the application of skills and responsibilities of an office administration assistant in a dental practice. Fundamentals and practical application in basic computer and dental software, oral and written communication skills, business ethics and jurisprudence, inventory systems and supply ordering, management of patient information, recall system and appointment scheduling, dental insurance billing, employment protocols and basic bookkeeping skills.
Distribution: Career Training
Offered: Fall, Spring
- Effectively use computer and dental software
- Explain dental business ethics and jurisprudence including maintenance and retention of business records.
- Demonstrate professional oral and written communications in the office setting.
- Demonstrate industry accepted management of patient records including recall systems, appointment scheduling and insurance billing.
- Describe inventory systems and supply ordering.