DNTA117 - Dental Materials II
This course is a continuation of the physical and technical aspects of dental materials utilized in restorative and laboratory dental procedures. Coronal polish, various restorative materials, dental cements, and temporary restorations are all introduced.
Distribution: Career Training
Offered: Winter, Summer
- Demonstrate a coronal polish procedure including patient preventive education, oral hygiene instruction and application of fluoride.
- Properly mix various dental cements, bases and liners
- Demonstrate emerging skills in assisting with a direct permanent restoration.
- Place and carve a temporary restoration
- Properly apply pit and fissure sealant