The Communications and Marketing team works closely with all college departments to create and enhance public awareness of Bates Technical College programs, through printed materials, community and media relations, website development and many other avenues.
We offer these services:
- Graphic design of flyers, brochures, and more
- Strategic marketing and college identity
- Media relations
- College advertising
- Print collateral
- Social media
- Internal and external communications
- Photo and video assets
- Web text review
We work closely with you to ensure the highest quality content and graphic standards in all college materials. Accordingly, all materials intended for public distribution need to come through the departments before they are reproduced or circulated to their intended audience(s).
How to get started
Getting a project started on the right foot is a big key to success. Let us help you plan from the beginning. We offer design, writing and editing services to the college at no cost.
- Please fill out a Communications Project Request form and upload a Word document and any photos or graphic images you’d like to use. Your request will be forwarded to the correct department for production.
- The required minimum turn-around time is 3-4 weeks. For more complex projects, allow more time. Projects that are submitted without text, or without the minimum turn-around time may not be completed by the due date.
- One design option will be provided, unless otherwise requested
- You will have the opportunity for two rounds of design/editorial revisions.
- We will work with your suggestions as much as possible but Communications/Marketing will have the final decision on approval.
Departments are responsible for coordinating and paying for their printing through General Services. Please contact General Services for the print request form.
Check out the Newsroom for stories and news. To submit a story, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us maintain the integrity of the Bates brand. Bates’ logo is available in blue, black and white. Take care when re-sizing a logo within a document to “lock aspect ratio” so as not to distort the image.
- should be printed in blue, black or white only.
- can be printed as white only when reversed out of a dark background.
- should be placed in a way that there is at least 1/4″ of blank space surrounding it.
If you have an old version of an old Bates logo, do not use it. If you are unsure about whether you are using the correct logo, or are placing it properly, drop us an email or give us a call (x7106). We’re happy to help!
Official logos, templates and other Communications and Marketing Department materials are available to employees on the intranet.
(employee authentication required)