Adult basic education pathways for students aged 21 years or older.
It’s never too late to earn your high school diploma, prepare for your GED exam or enroll in basic education classes to improve your career opportunities.
Attend our advising and registration drop-in info session to see which program is the best for you.
Questions? Please call 253.680.7274 or watch this informational video.
Adult Basic Education (ABE)
Enroll in reading, writing or pre-algebra math courses to improve your college readiness skills or prepare for employment.
An accelerated diploma pathway for adults that takes into consideration your work schedule, work history and training, and academic test scores.
GED Test Preparation
Enroll in math, science, social studies and literacy courses to prepare for GED testing. Free GED practice testing is available to enrolled students.
Integrated Basic Education Skills Training (I-BEST)/HS+
Earn your high school diploma and work towards your college degree at the same time in one of our I-BEST supported programs:
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology
- Electrical Construction
- Fire Service
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
- Practical Nurse
Students must meet FAFSA eligibility requirements.
Classes available include:
o HSCM 083, HS COMPLETION MATH II
o HSCHP 080, HS COMPLETION HEALTH
o HSCFA 080, HS COMPLETION FINE ARTS
o HSCHP082 HS COMPLETION P.E.
o HSCSC 080, HS COMPLETION ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
o HSCSC 089, SCIENTIFIC PROCESSES BIO
o ABE 070, I-BEST SUPPORT (only for Practical Nurse program students)
o HSCHI 087, HS COMPLETION CIVICS
o HSCHI 081, HS COMPLETION WA STATE HISTORY
o HSCHI 082, HS COMPLETION CONTEMPORARY HISTORY
o HSCHI 080, HS COMPLETION US HIST/GOV
o HSCM 086, ADULT HS PRE-ALGEBRA
o BSEP 070, BASIC EDUCATION PLANNING
- Request transcripts from your last high school attended.
- Gather your work history, workplace training, or industry certifications completed on the job.
- Meet our advising staff, have your transcripts reviewed, and schedule your free academic placement test. Advising and registration are by appointment only. Please call 253.680.7274 for assistance.
What to expect when meeting with advising staff?
- Talk with and get to know advisors.
- Learn about our program options and enrollment requirements.
- Schedule your free CASAS exam and advising appointment.