Are you interested in learning English or improving your English language skills?
Bates Technical College provides English as a Second Language classes for non-native English speakers to improve English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
We offer various levels of ESL classes that accommodate your work, life or academic goals.
Walk-ins are available
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Friday: 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: South Campus Building A, Room 104E
If you have any questions or would like to enroll, please contact:
- Rachel Smith
Cost and eligibility
- $25 per quarter (ask for fee waivers!)
Summer Quarter 2023: June 13-Aug. 16, 2023
Downtown Campus, 1101 South Yakima Avenue, Tacoma
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
South Campus, 2201 South 78th Street, Tacoma
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 5-8:20 p.m.
We also have a 100% online option available!
Fall Quarter 2023: Sept. 25-Dec. 8, 2023
- ESL 60, 70, 80 (9 am to 12:20 pm) at Downtown Campus, Tuesday/Thursday/Friday
- ESL 30, 40, 50 (9 am to 12:30 pm) at Central Campus, Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- All levels (5 pm to 8:20 pm) at South Campus, Monday/Wednesday/Thursday
- All levels (Online)
Winter Quarter 2024: Jan. 2-March 13, 2024
Details to come.
How to enroll
- Get started on improving your English skills! Email Rachel Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If you have, or you are applying for, non-immigrant status (F-1, J-1, M-1 or B-1/B-2), please email International Student Services at email@example.com.