Creating Connections through art, industry and community
Our college community is full of diverse passions, visions, and voices and we want to provide a platform for everyone to share their creations. We especially wanted to provide this space in the challenging times in which we all now live. All forms of creativity are welcome: poetry, prose, fiction, non-fiction, photographs, visual art, and more.
- All submitted work will be considered.
- We reserve the right to decide what will be published on the platform. While we want to make a platform for all views and voices, we must balance that with maintaining a space where everyone is safe and welcome.
- Written work will be best received if it is under a thousand words. Longer work will be accepted on a case by case basis.
- Reviewers may make minor edits to standardize formatting, spelling, grammar, or punctuation, but they will not be doing major edits so as to stay true to the artists’ vision and voice as much as possible. Artists and writers are encouraged to reach out to family, friends, peers, instructors, or other campus supports (tutors, libraries) for help editing their work before submitting.
- You can submit up to three times per year to this Bates publication.
- Our hope is to gather enough submissions throughout the year to publish a collection in Summer Quarter. In order to be included in the print collection, submissions must be received by the end of Spring Quarter.
- Aside from the joy of seeing their work published, student artists will be rewarded with a 10 dollar gift card for each accepted piece. This is thanks to the support of the Bates Foundation and the Associated Student Government. Other members of the Bates community are welcome to submit but are not eligible for the gift card award.
To use this form, you’ll need to log into your Bates Technical College Office 365 Account. Click here for information on how. Don’t hesitation to email for help if you don’t have a current account or need help on this!
Art(Work) EditionsSpring 2022
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org